If you have a faulty item, then firstly, we're sorry that something has gone wrong. Please read this warranty page to see how to work with us to resolve the issue. If you are looking to return an undamaged item within 30 days of delivery, then please click for our returns page and our 30 Day No Quibble Guarantee.
The terms below are subject to individual product warranties but serve as a general warranty policy for Care Superstore that specifically covers capital equipment such as profiling beds, hoists and stand aids. For all other items, please also view our general conditions and returns policy.
General Warranty Terms
If an item is faulty, please work with us as we will need to establish proof of purchase and to ascertain whether an item is faulty or whether it has failed due to misuse. Following the Consumer Rights Act 2015, if a fault occurs within 30 calendar days of delivery, then that item can be returned for a choice of a refund, repair or replacement. From 30 days to 6 months from delivery, any faulty item can be returned for a repair or replacement so long as the fault lies with the product rather than any misuse. If we have already repaired or replaced and the item becomes faulty again, then you can claim a refund or a price reduction should you wish to keep the item. After six months, the onus is on the customer to "prove" that the product is faulty. In any case, if we cannot agree on the cause of the fault, we may wish to obtain a second opinion - for example, from the manufacturer or an independent expert. Where an independent expert is to be used we will seek to agree to this in writing with the customer.
Exceptions to Warranty:
- A consumer cannot claim for defects that are brought to their attention before the sale, or if the consumer examines the goods before purchase and any defects should have been obvious.
- A consumer cannot claim for damage they cause or if they simply change their mind about wanting the goods.
- Neither can a consumer claim if they chose the product themselves for a purpose that is neither obvious nor made known to Care Superstore and they then find that the item is simply unsuitable for that purpose. For example, if a consumer buys a stand aid and breaks it attempting to use it as a hoist, they cannot make a claim unless the trader told him it would be suitable for using as a hoist.
- A consumer has no rights to claim for faults that appear as a result of fair wear and tear.
Warranty Terms for Capital Equipment
1. Our standard warranty is for 12 months for new products, 6 months for reconditioned goods or 3 months for second hand cars - all of which start from the date of delivery. Unless otherwise agreed in writing. Car viewings are recommended but please be assured that all our cars are sourced very carefully and checked thoroughly by a qualified mechanic before offered for sale.
2. The warranty will cover parts and labour
3. The warranty will not cover Customer damage, misuse or abuse
4. Warranty requests should be sent to Care Superstore quoting the product serial code, date of delivery, service and maintainance history and the product fault
5. Our standard Waranty covers UK mainland deliveries only. Please enquire if you have other needs
6. The warranty will not affect your statutory rights, or rights given in Care Superstore's general Terms and Conditions.
Conditions of Warranty
1. The product must be installed to the instructions given in the appropriate manual for that product
2. The product must be commissioned by a person authorised by Care Superstore or a firm that is well-reknown for such product commissioning (such as specialist service engineers in the care sector) - if not so, it may invalidate the warranty.
3. Unauthorised modifications will invalidate the warranty if not carried out by a person authorised by Care Superstore
The above warranty details should be read in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions - large printed copies of which are available upon request from our Customer Services team on 03300 243 111 or [email protected]
To ensure your warranty is intact and more importantly, that your equipment has continued reliability and performance, Care Superstore offers a range of low cost, payable by low monthly direct debit service contracts. For further information, please contact Customer Services on 03300 243 111 or [email protected]
All warranty and service contract work will be carried out by Care Superstore approved service engineers.